Without any integration required, merchants can issue invoices from the dashboard by simply filling out the standard form which includes the Customer details and the Product/Service information.
In this article you will get to learn:
- Display Invoices
- Search Invoices:
- Create an invoice
- View Invoice options
- Customize your invoice
- Send invoice via SMS, Email, or WhatsApp:
You can view your invoices by accessing your Dashboard > go to the "Invoice" tab where all of the previously created invoices will be listed.
From this page you can do the following:
-Download your invoice reports as an XLS file or CSV.
- Search invoices by The Transaction ID, date range, status, or by the team member who created the invoice.
Create an invoice
Creating an invoice from your dashboard is easy, follow the below steps:
- Navigate to Invoice > click the plus button on the top right corner of your index table.
- Select whether it can be a standard (one-time use) invoice or a re-usable template invoice.
Standard: it's a single invoice. The link will expire once a customer completes this payment.
Template: It will generate a link, and you can share this link with your customer via any source(message/WhatsApp/email, copy/paste), and the same link will remain open to re-use anytime.
The payments done through the Template mode will be tagged as API(Type).
- Then select the Invoice display language.
- Select if you want the invoice to be edited after it has been created
*If you selected "No" , that means that you won't be able to edit the invoice later.
This action cannot be undone , once you choose "No" and save, you won't be abe to edit this invoice anymore
- Fill in your product information( optional ).
- You can customize the "Payment Method Filter" ( Optional )
-By default, all availble methods are shown, however you can use this option to control what payment methods are offered in the payment page.
-To control the methods, enter a comma-seperate list of the methods to enable or disable.
-By using a method name on it's own or with a + prefix means to enable that method. Using the method name with a - prefix means to disable that method.
For example, to enable all methods except for installments use the filter all,-installments
To enable one specific method only, put only that method in the list. For example, applepay
-The list is processed in order, so something like -installments,+all would result in all methods including installments.
-If all items in the list are prefixed with - then a starting point of all methods enabled is assumed, otherwise the starting point is no methods enabled.
NOTE: You cannot enable methods that is not enabled by default.
- Add new items by clicking on the edit button then fill in each item pricing with the ability to add discount and tax, and the option to include additional charges.
* "SKU" refers to a stock-keeping unit
Multiple items/products can be added to the same invoice
- You can always prefill the Customer Details so that the customer doesn't need to provide it again on the PayPage.
-Make sure to fill in the Zipcode also (Where applicable).
- Finally, you can either save the invoice for later or Save it and Send it by email are provided.
View Invoice options
Most of the options can be found only if the invoice is still Pending / unpaid and neither Cacncelled nor expired.
Customize your invoice
1- You can Customize your invoice labels, based on your business needs( Optional) :
-You can choose whether the "Customer Ref", "Invoice Ref" and "Expiration date" are mandatory or optional.
-Change these terms: "Customer Ref", "Invoice Ref" and "Expiration date" to any other titles( free text).
Here is how :
-Go to the "Profile" Tab > Custom invoice label >click on the pen icon to edit.
-Next: You can choose to enable the "Mandatory" and the "Display" buttons for any of the below options.
-If you choose these options to be mandatory, you have to fill in their data while creating any invoice:
-To change the names of these options, you can simply fill in these fields with the replacement in both the English and Arabic versions, Here is an example to show the difference between the standard invoice and a customized invoice:
-A customized invoice:
-Here is how the customized invoice will be displayed to your customer:
Learn more about enabling this option by visiting this article: How to add my Terms & Conditions to Invoices?
Send invoice via SMS, Email, or WhatsApp:
After creating the invoice you can share it with your customer via email, SMS, or WhatsApp.
-To perform such an action first you need to choose the invoice you want to share.
- Click on send by SMS button on the invoice preview screen.
- Then provide a valid customer's phone number then click send.
- Click on send by SMS button on the invoice preview screen
- Then provide a valid customer's name and email then click send.
- Follow the same steps as SMS but choose WhatsApp icon instead.
- Once you enter the phone number, you will be redirected to the WhatsApp page as shown below, where you can log in to your WhatsApp number.
Check the PayTabs Invoice article for more detail
Learn more about the 6 different ways to create invoices via this article: What are the different ways to create invoices?